Musashi Seimitsu Industry Co., Ltd. (Global Headquarters: Toyohashi-city, Aichi, Japan; President and CEO: Hiroshi Otsuka, “Musashi”) has announced the construction of the second plant of its consolidated subsidiary, Musashi Auto Parts (Zhongshan) Co., Ltd. (located in Guangdong, China; “MAP-CH”). The second plant is scheduled to be completed in December 2022 where differential assemblies, gears and shaft components will be manufactured.
▲Image of Second MAP-CH plant
Musashi established MAP-CH as its first production site in China in 2003. Then Musashi Auto Parts (Nantong) Co., Ltd. (MAP-NT) and Musashi Auto Parts (Tianjin) Co., Ltd. (MAP-TJ) were followed. In order to satisfy customer’s strong demands for Electric Vehicle components, we have decided to build the fourth plant in China, close to the original MAP-CH location.
In addition, the second MAP-CH plant will be the most advanced plant in terms of GX (Green Transformation) and DX (Digital Transformation) infrastructures. As it is stated in “Our purpose”, we “contribute to enriched Harmony between our lives and Earth” and we will continue to work towards carbon neutrality, as well as the evolution of manufacturing using AI and digital technologies.
Outline of MAP-CH Second Plant:
- Location: Mao Sheng Village, Torch Development Zone, Zhongshan City (Torch Development Zone, Yanjiang East 4th Road)
- Site area: 51,789 ㎡
- Factory floor area：28,619㎡
- Investment amount (land and building): 216,000 thousand CHY
- Start of construction: December 2021
- Completion of construction: December 2022
- Start of production: March 2023